April 03, 2009

My Heart is Broken

IN LOV'N MEMORY
It's taken me several days to be able to write about this and I know I won't get through it without crying, but here it goes. I lost my sweet little dog Charlie on Wednesday. She was expecting puppies and died during birth along with all of her little ones. Charlie would have been 4 years old in October. She was my baby, I took her everywhere and at home she followed me everywhere. I can't believe she's gone. I so loved her and the tears just won't stop. And yes I even took her to crops with me. She would sit on the scrap table wraped up in her blanket. I know that not everyone can understand how one can get so attached to a dog. You see I have three children and two of them have graduated and are living their own lives. The other one will follow soon. Were as this is a wonderful thing I found myself going threw a stage of life at 40 that I didn't realize existed when I was twenty. So you see My little Charlie filled a big space in my life, every corner of my home is filled with her memories. I know that in time the pain in my heart will ease and one day I may get a new little one, or my children may decide to give me some grandchildren to spoil and scrap. Those of you that have small children enjoy them every minute because they grow up very fast. All I know is give all the love you can while you can and thank GOD for every minute, every second that you have to give it.

1 comment:

  1. That is terrible, I am so sorry. She was so young and her little pups. It won't be easy for you. We lost a dog years ago, and it took at least a year to think of another. Glad you joined us at Serendipit. One of our DT Scrapilicious lost her kitty last week. I hope we are able to help. Kristen

    ReplyDelete